Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Physical Healing





Ephesians 6:12, we all know it so well and quote it all the time.  However, recently I saw this scripture in a totally different perspective.

I am a big advocate of natural healing.  However, whenever my friends, family or myself had a physical issue, I would immediately research nutritional options for healing.  I got convicted about this because our first source for everything should be the Word of God.  As I started getting my thinking back in line with what God's Word says and acknowledging once again that many of our physical conditions are just an outward manifestation of something that's going on spiritually, I started seeing healings in my body.

As I was reading a book on this very subject, I read this scripture (Eph. 6:12) and that's when I totally saw it in a whole different light.  I was "wrestling", so to speak, with flesh and blood.  My focus was on the physical ailments and what needed to be done naturally to fix it.  When my focus switched to the spiritual and what needed to be done spiritually, the physical healing just immediately manifested.  

So my plea is that we, as believers, would always be mindful to truly look first to God's Word and realize that we are spiritual beings living inside physical bodies.  The spiritual realm affects the physical way more than we realize because all too often we're looking with our physical eyes instead of our spiritual.  

No comments:

Post a Comment