Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Prayer Produces Great Encouragement

As I continue my study of "A Call To Prayer" by J.C. Ryle, I continue to get encouraged about praying consistently.  

Last night I read the following exert from chapter 4:

"There is everything on God's part to make prayer easy, if men will only attempt it.  All things are ready on his side.  Every objection is anticipated.  Every difficulty is provided for.  The crooked places are made straight and the rough places are made smooth.  There is no excuse left for the prayerless man."

That brought so much peace, hope and encouragement to my soul.  Truly all things are possible with God.  Every area in my life that seems hopeless, too hard, unattainable, is possible to achieve if I only take it to the Lord in prayer.  

God's desire is for us to not fret or worry (which is sin), but rather to bring everything to Him in prayer with a thankful heart (paraphrased from Phil. 4:6).  Then He will guard our hearts and minds with His peace that passes ALL understanding (Phil 4:7).  

If you're looking for peace, hope and encouragement, prayer is the place to find it. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment